Thursday, February 5, 2015

Subliminal Love

When doctors said I was a lost cause, you sewed me back together
You make me feel this sense of forever, to me you are a miracle
I admit at first I didn't see it at all but only time tells you the answer
And mine? Mine was that you shine, brighter than 10 billion stars
My girlfriend, I actually have a girlfriend, as if I could hold the happiness which had dwelled deep within 
any longer
An explosion of chemicals caused a chain reaction in my synapses
She's the one, she's the one, she's definitely the one
I've fed myself this phrase before just to step into rejection
For once I had the balls to ask a girl out, oh my god, she said yes
I have to brag, I have to tag her on every picture on instagram
Hashtag, soul mate, shades of grey turned into day
You are the one that understands my nonsense as if it were our language
The language of love where no one but us knew what we said
Oh, I mustn't share for I wouldn't dare speak of what's in my head
My love, this is for you, the one that listens to one poem before going to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment